Does a Good Website Increase Business?
Some businesses still don’t realize that a good website truly helps a business. Almost everyone looks online for answers, including where they should buy their services and products. Humans respond to simple and pleasantly designed sites; having a regularly upgraded website indeed grows your business.
It’s so much easier for businesses now than in the 1980s when a full-page Yellow Pages ad with artwork could easily cost your company $6,000 per month.
For better or worse, the Yellow Pages that existed in the back of your local phonebook are gone (at least in print.) For that matter, so are the phonebooks. While we flipped through row upon row of alphabetical business options, we occasionally saw advertising copy for the more prominent companies. However, we knew a business meant real business when they had a full-page ad supporting their name.
But, that ad cost the company $4 – $7,000 per month.
- “In the antiquated back pages of a mid-80s phonebook, your business name was not jazzed up in the least. There was almost nothing to set you apart from your competitors.”
- According to a 2015 article in the American publication TalkingPointz Insider, those Yellow Pages’ full-page ads, even in the 1970s, cost up to $20,000 a month. Wow. By the way, Dave of TalkingPointz, your website definitely needs an upgrade.
- Here’s a predictive quote from the Washington Post’s 1987 archives: “…Goldenhorn says it’s tough enough to have to advertise in three sets of Bell Atlantic (C&P) Yellow Pages plus three sets of C&P White Pages. The ideal situation would be that you have one book, he said.”
- Google is very similar to the yellow pages in that they both let you find businesses and services from which you’d like to choose. But this is where the similarities end; there is so much opportunity for customization now.
- Businesses today vie to attract clients with the help of website design companies, their developers, content writers, and digital advertising experts.
- Visual design uses many colours, fonts, movement, animation, sound, written, and photographic content, promoting beneficial rivalry between businesses. We know more about literally everything now, and it’s easy for people to find you, the excellent company they’re looking for.
- Information that is communicated more effectively makes new potential customers take notice.
For a relatively affordable price, a good website will indeed increase your business. (Or, compared to the cost of gaining customers in the 1960s – 2000s, for a steal of a price.)
How does a well-designed website add value to your business?
- Your business becomes valid.
- It gives you a perfect reason to develop and highlight your brand.
- You have crucial Search Engine Optimization (SEO) available to you.
- Your business can access digital marketing, paid ads, and landing pages that attract potential clients to your excellent website, the place with your contact information, your brand, and your heart and soul lives.
- A focused website design & maintenance company adds and highlights new product pages and includes company updates to keep your site fresh and attractive.
- An organized and practical website can provide information that might otherwise take time from staff members.
1) Your business becomes valid.
The competition in the world of commerce is considerably stepped up. Every credible business must have an online presence with a functional website; indeed, your competition has a website. A good website also makes an incredible difference in how you feel about your business. Allow your website to be the first impression you would like people to have of your business.
2) It gives you a perfect reason to develop and highlight your brand.
The strategy available to you is to make your website stand out from the others. By presenting what you uniquely stand for, potential customers can experience what you represent, allowing them to align themselves with a like-minded business. See SmartWebPros extensive portfolio here.
3) You have crucial Search Engine Optimization (SEO) available to you. Organic traffic to your website results from search engines using algorithms and SEO – optimized content to allow people to find you. This is where the magic happens.
Landing pages and blog posts are two ways of introducing phrases and keywords that mimic the queries people ask when looking for information about something they need. When your landing page or blog post comes up in people’s search results, it’s because of SEO within the content on each of your pages. Potential clients click on it and find themselves within the pages of your fabulous website.
4) Your business can access digital marketing, paid ads, and landing pages that attract potential clients to your fabulous website, the place with your contact information, your brand, and your heart and soul lives.
What does digital marketing do? Digital marketing leverages the traffic already looking at your products, in turn targeting your most qualified customers.
5) A focused website maintenance company adds and highlights your new product pages, and includes company updates to keep your site fresh and attractive.
If you like to provide your clients with announcements and relevant information, a website increases your chances of keeping them interested and open to further upsells.
6) An organized and practical website can provide information that might otherwise take time from staff members.
Your hours of operation, specific location, parking, and product questions are no longer the responsibility of your assistant or bookkeeper.